So, we are a couple of days away from Christmas and the craziness that comes with it!! I know a few people that are giving themselves “iPads” for Christmas!! That’s my kind of gift 🙂 Since my hope is many of you will be getting iPads soon, I thought I would list out some of the apps I use a lot and would love to hear feedback from others on some of the apps you may have and enjoy !!
Here is the list. It’s not in any certain order – and it’s not a list of all of my apps, just the ones I use the most.
- Dropbox – go get an account – it ROCKS. I use it to keep my work laptop, home desktop as well as my iPhone and iPad sync’d. It’s a cloud service. In fact, let me know if you want an account and I’ll send you an invite which gives me more capacity. – By the way – if you are with EMC and on the EMC network – this is blocked 😦 Not sure why.
- Goodreader – it connects into DropBox and gives you the ability to view word, excel, PPT, PDFs but not Visio and the PPT is not always 100%. I love this app especially for reading whitepapers !!
- FlightTracker Pro – uses TripIt.com to monitor your flights etc. its pretty cool.
- Wyse PocketCloud Pro – I love this app.
- Echofon – decent twitter client
- NewsRack – nice RSS reader – I use it to connect into my Google Reader account – it syncs your RSS feeds when you launch it. Great way to keep up with Bloggers <Hint Hint> 🙂
- Evernote – I use it for note taking during meetings. It sync’s to the cloud and you can run a desktop version that will keep both sync’d. This has replaced Microsoft OneNote for me. Well, until OneNote can give me the same features.
- BeejiveIM – this is an all in one type Messenger client (MSN, Yahoo, AOL etc). It supports push technology which means when you don’t have it launched, it will ping you when a new message comes in.
- InstaPaper – this is useful when you read something online and want to read it offline etc. Look into it, you will find it useful.
- The SAN RAID Calculator – This was a storage utilization app that one of my buddies wrote
- Skype – Make / Receive Skype calls from you iPad.
- USA Today – nice app.
- FlipBoard – It’s called a Social Magazine – it’s pretty cool.
- CNN – Just updated their App – on the iPad it ROCKS. Wish it had better “Offline Features”
- Kindle – Great app if you like to read books.
- Bandwidth Calc – same buddy of mine that wrote “The SAN RAID Calc” app wrote this one for disaster recovery / bandwidth discussions
- Marvel and DC Comics – if you like Comic books – these are some cool apps.
- NetFlix – Perfect for business trips or family vacations. It streams really well to a TV using this cable.
- Pandora – Great music streaming app
- American Airlines App
Braindead, fun games – Portable Baby sitters if you have kids !!
Merry Christmas !!