Quick recap of what we’ve done so far:
- 1st – How to install SQL 2008 R2 in your vSphere 5 Home lab
- 2nd – we setup the VMware View 5 Database inside that SQL Server
- 3rd – we setup our ODBC connection for View 5 inside the vCenter Server
- 4th – We troubleshooted View 5 ODBC Connection Servers
- 5th – we installed VMware View Composer 2.7.0 inside our Windows vCenter 5 server.
- 6th – we installed VMware View 5 connection server in vSphere 5
- 7th – Setting up View 5 Connection Server for the 1st time.
As you can see from above, we are getting pretty close to being done. So far I’ve taken you through the VMware View 5 install process and all the stuff that goes along with it. Now we are at the next phase. Its time to setup a desktop to be used. My assumption is you have already installed Windows 7, service pack’d and hot fixed it as a VM. You’ve added it to the domain and made sure that VMware Tools is installed and you’ve checked the box for “Time Sync” in VMware Tools. This next process is all about getting this desktop ready to be used as a Virtual Desktop.
Let’s RDP into the desktop and install the View Agent !!
1. You should have downloaded VMware-View-Agent x86_64)5.0.0-481677 (or whatever the most current version is) and it should be saved on your desktop. Double click it.
2. Let’s get started – click Next on the Installation Wizard screen
3. Click through the End User Patent Agreement
4. Agree to the License Agreement and click next
5. Just keep the defaults and click next.
6. This is the last step before the installation, just click install
7. If everything went well, you will see the “Installer Completed” message. Click Finish.
8. The last step is to reboot the desktop.
That’s all there is to be done. It really is that easy. The next step is to actually create a desktop pool and entitle some users to it !!
5 thoughts on “Installing View 5 Desktop Agent in Windows 7 64bit”
WHAT IS NEXT? how do you connect to server for vmview5??? i am trying to start at home job and i am one of the FEW who cannot connect! i have no idea why it just says connecting to desktop for 5 minutes then times out, i have tried 5 different server addresses and i need this fixed NOW. please help me. i am using windows 7 64 bit.